This policy explains how your personal information will be treated when you access the actionlegal.co.uk website.
1. 1 Action Legal whose registered office address is Action Legal, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. 3 Because of the financial nature of our business, our products and services are not designed to appeal to or to be sold to persons under the age of 18. Therefore, we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this website.
2 What information does actionlegal.co.uk collect?
2. 1 You may need to register before you can use some of the services described on this website. We and any third parties who host or maintain this website may need to collect information about you and your computer to enable you to do so. The information will be collected when you register with the website or when you choose to use the services available via the website. We will use the information you provide to contact you by letter, telephone, SMS and email about finance, insurance and other specially selected products.
2. 2 We may use the information collected to personalise your experience on the website, to help you to log-in in future, to continue to use the website, and to help us select services or materials for inclusion on the website which may be of interest to you. We along with other Action Legal trading styles (who also have the Registered Office of Action Legal) may, from time to time, use your information to let you know about other products or services, which we consider may be of interest or benefit to you.
To exercise your right to 'opt out' please email us at: email@example.com.
2. 3 We may use your information to introduce you to selected third parties who provide other products or services which may be of interest or benefit to you. If, at any time, you would rather not receive any such information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe third party contact" in the subject line. If you do that we will need to keep your information on file so that you can continue to use the website and so that we can deal with the administration of your request and security of the website.
2. 4 The nature of our business is such that we may on occasion ask you to provide sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998. Where we do so, you agree to that and give your explicit consent to our use of such sensitive personal data for the purposes for which it was provided. We will take appropriate measures to protect such sensitive personal data at all times.
2. 5 We or third parties hosting servers on our behalf may also monitor traffic patterns and usage of the website to help it to improve the website design and layout. We will not be able to identify you from that monitoring.
2. 6 We are not responsible for any third party offering goods and services via websites linked to this website and what they propose to do with information about you. To that end please ensure you read their terms and conditions carefully.
2. 7 We may monitor or record phone calls with you in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly, to resolve queries or issues, for regulatory purposes, to help improve our quality of service, and to help detect or prevent fraud or other crimes. Telephone conversations may also be monitored for staff training purposes.
3. Sharing of information with third parties
3. 1 We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
Suppliers and other service providers
3. 2 From time to time we use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services (e.g. for call center and face to face services). Where any service provider collects information directly from you (such as the situation where we ask a service provider to conduct a survey for us) you will be notified of the involvement of the supplier or service provider, and all information disclosures you make will be strictly optional.
We respect your privacy and are keen to ensure that the principals of our opt-in when your data is collected are clearly explained.
The information you volunteer will be shared and used to appropriately target offers and marketing communication from our clients, from our selected 3rd party partners and its other brands. The following sectors are the industry types you can expect your data to be supplied to, depending on the answers given by you and your stated interests.
Call Centre, Finance, Personal Injury Claims, PPI/PBA claims Legal Services, Debt Management Mail Order, Market Research, Publishing/Media, Telecoms, Travel, Utilities
3. 3 We may need to pass your information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop the website but, if so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose and subject to those third parties agreeing to keep the information secure.
3. 4 In addition, we may provide aggregate statistics about our customers; sales, traffic patterns and related website information to reputable third-parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
3. 5 We may disclose personal data to the extent permitted or required under any enactment, by rule of law, order of the Court, as requested by other government law enforcement authority, to enforce our legal rights, to operate our systems properly, or to protect ourselves or our users.
4. Your consent
4. 1 You acknowledge and agree that in the course of registering or using this website and any services offered via this website, certain information about you will be captured electronically (including sensitive personal data where required, but this will be subject to you giving your explicit consent in such cases) or otherwise and transmitted to us or and, potentially, to any third parties as set out above, or to third parties who host our web servers or assist us in maintaining this website.
As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have provided via this website, to prevent unauthorised access. We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal details remain secure, however, we cannot therefore guarantee the security of any information you provide through the website. You agree that we will not be liable for any such security breaches unless we have failed to take appropriate technical and organizational measures against the unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction of or damage to your personal information.
6. 6. What are 'cookies' and how does actionlegal.co.uk use them?
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of this website.
This website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of such other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave the website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
9. Contact mailing address
10. Data subject access requests
You have a legal right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee of £10 (VAT exempt). You also have the right to correct any errors in the information that we hold about you. Please let us know about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
Further information about data protection issues including the online register of data controllers can be found on the Information Commissioner's website at www.ico.gov.uk.
11. Option to discontinue direct communications
Our marketing emails contain an opt-out. Otherwise, you can ask us and other Action Legal to stop sending you marketing material as noted in section 2.2 at any time by clicking here and completing the details.
If you have agreed to us providing your details to other regulated claims management companies as noted in section 2.1, you can opt out of further sharing at any time by clicking here and completing the details.
If you have agreed to us providing your details to third parties for marketing purposes as noted in section 2.3, you can opt-out of further sharing at any time by clicking here and completing the details